Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Post Mortem

So Thanksgiving has come and gone and it was pretty darn good!! We had a lot to be thankful this year, and the food was amazing. Here is a quick re-cap
Turkey- I did a couple of things differently this year, and it was well worth it. First, I ordered a fresh, organic turkey from Whole Foods. It is a quite a bit more expensive, but I think it was worth it. I also brined the turkey. We have all been hearing about brining over the last few years, but I was always afraid of doing it. Let me tell you, brining more than lived up to the hype. It was juicy and glorious, it looked like a turkey out of a magazine!!
Stuffing-I made a ciabatta bacon stuffing that was also very popular. I usually don't even eat stuffing, but this stuff was stinkin good!!
Green Bean Casserole-Homemade green bean casserole (not with condensed soup) with bacon and a yummy creamy cheese sauce. It was fantastic. It had all the joy of a traditional green bean casserole, but with a little kick
Mashed Potatoes-You cannot have Thanksgiving without them!! They were creamy and I added fresh thyme and they were GOOD!
Rolls- I made homemade yeast rolls and they were pretty good. Not the best I have ever had, but my quest continues. We did have some dough left though so I made a pan of cinnamon rolls for the next morning, and they were pretty decadent.

Dessert-We had a snicker cake (which is exactly what it sounds like, a chocolate cake with caramel and nuts..yummo) Pumpkin butter cake, it is a gooey pumpkin cake with LOTS of butter in it, very rich, and delicious. My sister is against pie (she is a little goofy) so we didn't have any, I am a little distressed about this, and I might have to make an apple pie just for myself. I haven't decided yet.

I hope that you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving and that you reveled in all your thankfulness!!

Now, onto the Christmas Baking season, MY FAVORITE Stay tuned for LOTS of recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment