Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Buttery Sandwich Cookies

Tis the season for all kinds of crazy baking. I spent the entire day yesterday baking, so I will be posting several recipes over the next few days. I first came across this lovely little cookie last year and I made it for the family and it was a HUGE hit. The cookie is super buttery, but it has no sugar in it, so you definitely need the filling, but together they are buttery goodness!!

COOKIES:
2 cups butter, softened (4 sticks)
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
4 cups flour
.
Cream softened butter, gradually adding flour, then cream. Roll onto a generously floured surface, approximately 1/4 inch thick, and cut into 2 inch circles (or another small cookie cutter shape). Prick each cookie with a fork three times and back for 7-9 minutes at 375 degrees.

* I found these cookies to be VERY delicate, so I froze them after they cooled slightly, which helped them hold up while I frosted them.
.
FILLING:
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1.5 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbs. heavy cream
2 teas. vanilla
.
Combine filling ingredients and spread between two cookies.
.
Yields 50-60 sandwich cookies, depending on the size of your cookie cutter.

PS. You will think that there is not enough filling, but there will be plenty, so load they up because the filling is the best part



No comments:

Post a Comment