Friday, December 24, 2010

Sugar Cookies

The Christmas season got a little away from me this year. I had grand plans of posting all sorts of recipes, and here we are on Christmas Eve and I have only posted one. I am going to post a few today, they won't have pictures, but still really good recipes.
This is by far my favorite sugar cookie recipe. I love soft fluffy sugar cookies, not the thin crispy kind, and this recipe fits the bill!! It has a ridiculous amount of baking powder in it, and I love them. Once you put the frosting on, they are delightful. It might be a little late for this year, but hold onto this one for next year, or Valentines day, or Easter!

Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Butter
1 Egg
4 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking soda
4 teaspoon Baking powder (yes, 4)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Milk

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Combine all the dry ingredients, add to the butter mixture. Add milk and vanilla. Roll out the dough pretty thick, you will need a lot of flour on the counter and on your rolling pin. Cut out the shapes and put them about an inch apart on the cookie sheet (they grow) and bake for about 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of cookie.

Frosting (I am a big fan of a buttercream type frosting, so that is what this is. I know some people like the royal icing type, because it looks prettier, too each there own)

2 Cups Powdered Sugar *
1/3 Cup butter room temperature
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
1-2 Tablespoons of Milk (add more if it is too thick)

Combine all the ingredients, if you want a double layer of frosting or you are planning on piping on the frosting double the above recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment