Thursday, July 15, 2010

Frozen Fruit Pops

It is HOT!! At least for those of us here in the dessert of Arizona, it is roasting outside. So baking and cooking are not as fun, so I made homemade popsicles last week and they were a HUGE hit with my kids, and a few other ones too. I used paper cups and lollipop sticks since I do not have popsicle molds.

Here you go

8 3 Oz paper cups
8 Lollipop Sticks (or popsicle sticks)
12 Ounces of cubed up fruit (I used a combination of watermelon and blueberries one time. And also a combination of strawberries and blueberries, both were delicious. If you use watermelon you need to add a little sugar)
1/2 Cup of Simple Syrup *
2 Teaspoons of Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Water

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the paper cups and put in the freezer. When it gets a little slushy (the stick will stand up) put the stick in and let them freeze the rest of the way.

When you are ready to eat just peel the paper cup off!!

1 comment:

  1. When I make a smoothie I freeze some in my pop molds and the kids eat them up! Yogurt, banana, fruits (any kind is good), protein powder and a little orange jc. So healthy and so good in the hot, hot weather!

    ReplyDelete